Thursday, November 16, 2017

5 Things You Can Stop Worrying About

"Worry is like paying a debt you don't owe."
(Mark Twain)

A good friend relayed this to me on an exceptionally worrisome day a few months ago.

I can't remember what I was worried about. Which goes to show you how pointless worry really is.

I have found that healthy concern can draw me into action. Beyond that, beyond the areas I can control, it's nothing but senseless worry. I have been trying hard to discern the two, and let go of what is not mine to worry about.

What are you worried about? Here are FIVE things we often worry about, and some reassurance that may help.


1. MONEY. God is bigger than our money problems.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (Matthew 6:26)


2. RELATIONSHIPS. God is bigger than our marriage or relationship problems, or our singleness.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because He first loved us."  (1 John 4, 18-19)


3. CHILDREN. God's love for our children, or our desire for children, is BIGGER than ours. They are His, as are you.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." (Psalm 139:13)


4. FUTURE/CAREER PATH. God is bigger than our concerns about the future.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." (Isaiah 43:2)


5. HEALTH/DEATH. God is bigger than our health problems, or fear of death.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment